Surrounded by his possessions, a boy struggles to leave the safety of his own home. His outside world is filled with so many uncertainties. While he struggles with his own convictions, the conveniences of modern everyday household items continue to persuade him in both directions.
Written and Directed by Kc Wayland Produced By: Chris Dole, James Oliva, Kc Wayland, Steve Schneider
Last year my wife and I made this Princess Mononoke Costume for our daughter barely in time for Halloween. I just recently noticed I posted to social media but never posted here.
The mask was made with paper mache and paper clay, coated with plasti dip and then painted by MrsRedBeard. The ears, knife and spear were made with foam matting, coated with plasti dip then painted. The fur was a bath mat that MrsRedBeard found, on Amazon I think, which was way cheaper than buying it from a fabric store. The knife handle was made from a ping pong paddle and the spear handle was made from a paint roller handle.
The dress was found at a discount clothing store for very cheap. MrsRedbeard modified the dress, sculpted the necklace with polymer clay and made the fur into something wearable.
Here’s the next update to my non osha rated poor man’s Workbench. I setup my circular saw for the modular workbench. Here’s a link to part 1.
So last time I mounted the jigsaw. I used it this time to cut out the slot for the circular saw and yes still need to put a new blade in the jigsaw. I started off by zip tying the jigsaw trigger. Safety First!
I sketched up a template in CAD and used spray adhesive to adhere it to the one of the blanks I made last time. I drilled a pilot hole then used the jigsaw (still with a dull blade) to cut out the pattern.
I used 2 existing holes in the saw to mount the saw square. Then I drilled a 3rd for stability. I counter sinked the bolt holes but the screws are not prefered due to the large heads but they’re what I had a box of.
Woops the saw motor sticks out too far to fit. I will make an extra cut out in the bench that can be inserted and removed as needed. I also noticed while using the jigsaw that the corner leg to the workbench sticks up a bit too high so I’ll be using a metal cut off wheel to trim it down.
As you will see I don’t have the steadiest hand when it comes to a jig saw nor do I have a ton of room and I have a limited budget so I decided to build a modular workbench. I wanted a scroll saw functionality, a table saw, belt sander and a vacuum former. I had an extra jigsaw, a belt sander and a circular saw.
While some of my skills need work I did draw all of my plans up in a CAD software to avoid measurement issues. If you have any suggestions please comment below.
I started off by cutting a 8 1/2″ x 11″ hole out of my workbench. I decided on a 8 1/2″ x 11″ hole because it is the size printer I have, it fits several tools and this is going to be for working on small projects. The inner line is for the 1/2″ frame that will hold inserts.
I did a terrible job cutting out the hole with a jigsaw and the blade was dull but it got the job done.
The frame will sit below the hole and provides a 1/2″ lip to hold inserts. Wish I had a nail or brad gun.
The module insert frame bolted in place. I did at least counter sink the screw holes. I will had 4 more bolts before calling it good.
Module inserted and extra bolts installed.
Extra module blanks cut out and ready to go.
First module is a jigsaw. I made a template and cut out a hole for the blade (not perfect) then drilled holes to mount the jigsaw to the module. The bottom of the jigsaw has a plate that can be removed. I used these screw holes to mount the saw to the board.
Jigsaw mounted to modular insert and extra module inserts ready to go.
If you want help fixing your device or want me to do it please contact me.
Wismec Reuleaux RX200S Blank Screen Fix
A reader sent his RX200S, after reading the rx2/3 fix, hoping I could fix a blank screen issue.
Hooked up to PC where the firmware tool successfully detected the device. Went ahead and updated the firmware to V4.13. This let me know there wasn’t a processor issue.
I disassembled and checked connections. The ribbon cable seemed loose.
Used a heat gun to reflow the ribbon solderings. Got info on the display but it was very dim. The issue still persisted but the ribbon cable definitely needed this because it was separating from the solder.
After poking around at the surface mounted resistors near the ribbon traces I found that bridging two of the resistors the screen came to life. My untested assumption is that one of the resistors went bad and bridging them brought the screen back to life.
Reassembled and tested again. The resistance of the coil reads the same on 2 devices and the wattage to run the coil is equal between the 2 devices. Good to go.
Try this at you’re own risk and understand I’m not responsible for anything that goes wrong.