What is Urban Survival? Part 1
So when most people think about disasters they most likely associate Fema and the Red Cross. Others may stumble across wiki articles on survival, survival websites, survival blogs, simple search results, etc. Don’t misunderstand, these may be good resources or starting places and you should consider reviewing them. Just remember that you can know anything but if you don’t practice that knowledge could be useless.
Boiled down to the basics for Urban Survival
- Be aware
- Know your surroundings
- Threats and/or Dangers (Environmental, Structural, People)
- Know what resources you have and note the unlikely resources (Environmental, Structural, People)
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
- Do what’s neccessary
- Make a plan
- Shelter options
- Normally fire and still could be but can also include power, lights, etc
- Don’t take unnecessary risks
Good resources for those starting out
In The Rabbit Hole Urban Survival Podcast What’s easier than listening while carrying out other tasks like driving?
Consider this to be a living document and will be updated and revised when necessary.