Here’s the next update to my non osha rated poor man’s Workbench. I setup my circular saw for the modular workbench. Here’s a link to part 1.
So last time I mounted the jigsaw. I used it this time to cut out the slot for the circular saw and yes still need to put a new blade in the jigsaw. I started off by zip tying the jigsaw trigger. Safety First!
I sketched up a template in CAD and used spray adhesive to adhere it to the one of the blanks I made last time. I drilled a pilot hole then used the jigsaw (still with a dull blade) to cut out the pattern.
I used 2 existing holes in the saw to mount the saw square. Then I drilled a 3rd for stability. I counter sinked the bolt holes but the screws are not prefered due to the large heads but they’re what I had a box of.
Woops the saw motor sticks out too far to fit. I will make an extra cut out in the bench that can be inserted and removed as needed. I also noticed while using the jigsaw that the corner leg to the workbench sticks up a bit too high so I’ll be using a metal cut off wheel to trim it down.
As you will see I don’t have the steadiest hand when it comes to a jig saw nor do I have a ton of room and I have a limited budget so I decided to build a modular workbench. I wanted a scroll saw functionality, a table saw, belt sander and a vacuum former. I had an extra jigsaw, a belt sander and a circular saw.
While some of my skills need work I did draw all of my plans up in a CAD software to avoid measurement issues. If you have any suggestions please comment below.
I started off by cutting a 8 1/2″ x 11″ hole out of my workbench. I decided on a 8 1/2″ x 11″ hole because it is the size printer I have, it fits several tools and this is going to be for working on small projects. The inner line is for the 1/2″ frame that will hold inserts.
I did a terrible job cutting out the hole with a jigsaw and the blade was dull but it got the job done.
The frame will sit below the hole and provides a 1/2″ lip to hold inserts. Wish I had a nail or brad gun.
The module insert frame bolted in place. I did at least counter sink the screw holes. I will had 4 more bolts before calling it good.
Module inserted and extra bolts installed.
Extra module blanks cut out and ready to go.
First module is a jigsaw. I made a template and cut out a hole for the blade (not perfect) then drilled holes to mount the jigsaw to the module. The bottom of the jigsaw has a plate that can be removed. I used these screw holes to mount the saw to the board.
Jigsaw mounted to modular insert and extra module inserts ready to go.
If you want help fixing your device or want me to do it please contact me.
Wismec Reuleaux RX200S Blank Screen Fix
A reader sent his RX200S, after reading the rx2/3 fix, hoping I could fix a blank screen issue.
Hooked up to PC where the firmware tool successfully detected the device. Went ahead and updated the firmware to V4.13. This let me know there wasn’t a processor issue.
I disassembled and checked connections. The ribbon cable seemed loose.
Used a heat gun to reflow the ribbon solderings. Got info on the display but it was very dim. The issue still persisted but the ribbon cable definitely needed this because it was separating from the solder.
After poking around at the surface mounted resistors near the ribbon traces I found that bridging two of the resistors the screen came to life. My untested assumption is that one of the resistors went bad and bridging them brought the screen back to life.
Reassembled and tested again. The resistance of the coil reads the same on 2 devices and the wattage to run the coil is equal between the 2 devices. Good to go.
Try this at you’re own risk and understand I’m not responsible for anything that goes wrong.
According to Tony Rey when asked, does this reflect Kc’s time in service, Tony replied I hope not
To release sometime this fall
Patreon – Wayland productions is going to be supported through Patreon instead of other crowdfunding options.
We’re Alive Archive – Replacing Apartment 2C We’re Alive Archive is a Director’s commentary providing and behind the scenes with a window into the making of We’re Alive.
Script Book – Creating a limited special edition series of the scripts in print and digital format.
Family Book – A book about the families with the backstory to Angel and Scratch.
Theater for the Mind – A new podcast series is coming that will feature an anthology of audio theater stories and experiments. One of which is the Improv Audio Theater in number 6. Think Twilight Zone.
IA(Improv Audio) Theater – Part of the Theater for the Mind series, featuring improvisational audio drama fully sound designed and produced.
Special pin series – A limited edition pin series is being made with the first one commemorating our 8th birthday. Limited as in once they’re gone they’re gone. Each pin will have a sequential number on the back, making each one unique. Pre-orders start June 1st.
We’re Alive: Scout’s Honor – The next series after Goldrush. The story takes place on the island of Catalina off the shores of California, where a group of scouts must work together to get off the island.
I took the numbers and using c# output them into 2 different ways to generate frequencies to output as tones. First method was simply multiplying each number by 100 to get the frequency in playable range. The second method was converting each number to binary then getting the sum of the ones within each binary number, a method found to be used for storing music information.